Monday, July 15, 2013

TRUTH: Summer Bod

Most people I know are under some kind of illusion that "the workout" equals "the body". I was one of these delusional people for pretty much all of high school. When I put on the Freshman 10, I was caught off guard and decided to dig deeper. I am a fitness junkie, for life!!!! I am not saying that you sweating it out for two hours a day is a waste...I am simply saying you should probably take a deeper look at what you are putting in your mouth! 


  • Let's Talk Proteins: For all of our lives we have been trained that protein is the end all, be all. Don't get me wrong...you should get your daily dose, but not from the typical foods we go to. Fresh Broccoli has wayyyyy more protein than an oz of beef. People are under some kind of kick that meat is the way to go, which then hurts their veggie and fruit intake. I AM TELLING YOU! Time to put some green in your meals. 
  • People are Scaredy Cats: For all of your lives, you usually have set usuals, especially when it comes to food. But food is amazing! And there is a whole world out there of foods that people have never tried because they are too scared or don't have the money. I promise if you read up on some cooking ideas, you can make just about anything taste good! Health foods will keep you alive way longer than any fast food substitution. It becomes set in your brains since you are a kid that you won't like or enjoy healthier foods.
  • Processed Foods are a NOGO: Just cut it out now. If it comes in a package no matter what...it is bad for your body. Even the fat-free or 100 calorie alternatives are terrible for you. Just trust me when I say, no processed foods!
I will report on healthy eating sometime within the next two weeks with my report on Eat to Live! In the mean time, read up and practice eating clean and healthy! 
 xoxo, MAG

No comments:

Post a Comment