Sunday, June 30, 2013

Class of the Week: Bikram Yoga!

I walked into South Hills Power Yoga this morning with my Vera Bradley mat totally focused and ready for a good workout! Bikram Yoga if you don't know is HOT YOGA! It has become one of my favorite workouts. 
People are under a weird impression that yoga is weird or doesn't require that much. If you haven't tried yoga yet because you don't think it will be a good workout....don't kid yourself sister. In Bikram I sweat more than in any other workout and sweat in places I didn't even know I could sweat from. Yoga takes an extreme amount of strength and agility. It is a very fluent workout and is almost an hour or more of none stop moving. Sometimes I have to go to Child's Pose to catch a break. 
If you are new to yoga don't worry, you will fall in love! Hot yoga is so amazing for so many different reasons. I love the great stretch I get for every area of my body. I also get chances to get in a head stand, elbow stand and back bend which is great because I haven't danced in so long that my body forgets to be loose and limber sometimes. Not only is yoga a fantastic workout to get you in such a slim and lean state and increase flexibility but it is such a mental workout as well, which is why it is so popular. Sometimes life is so hectic and stressful that we forget to take care of ourselves and relax; yoga does that for me and many other people. It is your time to just think about the present and connect with yourself. I usually like to think about absolutely nothing while I do yoga because I rarely have nothing on my mind. 
I suggest hot yoga once, if not more times, a week! You will see such an improvement with your body and you will love how you feel afterwards. Namaste!

xoxo, MAG

No comments:

Post a Comment