Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Class of the Week: Pure Barre


I absolutely loved my first Pure Barre experience! I spent my whole life as a dancer and this is one of the closest I can get to mixing both of my passions for fitness and technique and ballet. I advise everyone try it out because the first class is free! I am not sure what this class might be like for someone that hasn't taken ballet or palates because you need to be able to target certain muscles on your own to get the most from the workout. It is a very hip little studio and the music was really awesome!! You have to wear long pants and socks to take the class, it's a tad pricey and spots are limited but other than that it is forsure a go to for wanting a leaner look. The class was an hour long and did a bunch of different types of workouts to target different areas. The warm up was with really light hand weights, the barre work was to target your butt (defiantly felt the burn), the core work was very good and you also use a band and a ball at some points as well. I loved the combination of ballet, palates and yoga because it gave you the intensity of hardcore ballet and palates by hitting all those little muscles but also gave you a chance to stretch with yoga and also more of a dancer type stretch (which I loved!). Overall...loved it!



xoxo
MAG


No comments:

Post a Comment