Monday, June 24, 2013

Fit for the Sun

This summer is a hot one, in more ways than one. I have put together a perfect fitness plan for the summer that is diverse and keeps you sweating. This is the start of a great process I am calling the ladder. Every two weeks I will post my progress as well as the changes and alterations to my plan. The goal is to confuse the body to ensure that it keeps working to its fullest. 

 Fit:
Monday- I like to start the week with a run in the hot sun at about 10am. Usually only a mile to warm my body up. I then walk with ankle weights on for 20 mins. This summer I want to lean my legs out because I am short and muscular. I do a disk of Brazilian Buttlift as well and always follow with a long ab workout. 
Tuesday- Tuesday I will change it up by only doing a disk of Brazilian Buttlift and then going to my gym to take two classes: Sculpt and Step. 
Wednesday- I do the hot run and weighted walk again in the morning. Followed by either Brazilian Buttlift or my own freestyle workout with 3lbs weights doing abs and arms. This is a much easier day.
Thursday- Much like Tuesday, I do whatever I am feeling in the morning with either Brazilian Buttlift or abs and then take Sculpt and Hip Hop at the gym. 
Friday- Hot run and weighted walk. Brazilian Buttlift and abs. 
Saturday- Step in the morning just for some cardio and then light weights and an inclined walk on the treadmill at the gym. 
Sunday- I LOVE HOT YOGA! Sometimes I do it more than once a week but Sundays are my go to day for yoga. Find a great studio near you and make sure you go at least once a week for a great workout and time to focus on the week ahead of you!

Eats.
When it comes to my meal plan I take a lighter approach. I am a food lover just as most of us are. As I get more in depth in nutrition as summer goes on I will give you more information as well as my newer approach and take on food and health. For now I will give you what most of my days look like. 
Breakfast: I do a smoothie with tons of frozen fruits, pomegranate juice or coconut water, flaxseed and virtually anything else you may want to add! I love smoothies to replace meals because I know exactly what I am consuming and it usually is pretty healthy minus a few sugars and gives me tons of energy to start my day. I also take tons of vitamins including BeHot and BeWholesome from GNC. 
Lunch: For lunch I will do another smoothie if I am not super hungry or I will make a little whole wheat pasta and throw a tiny bit of vodka sauce on it for flavor (which is not the healthiest topping, but I am being honest). 
Dinner: I will virtually have anything. From healthy meals to two steak tacos from Chipotle because I love it so much. For dinner I suggest you exploring and experimenting with whatever type of foods you love best and find the healthiest version of it. It is summer time so you want to be happy and enjoy your meals instead of be miserable. I still will allow myself a bowl of ice cream here or there because it is one of my favorite foods. 

 I advise as you start any health and fitness venture, do you research and don't drastically change your meals because you will fail. You need to ease on into it which is what you will see as my summer goes on. My meals will continue to become healthier. I am currently reading "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman, which I will report on later, and it is changing my outtake on food. So once I finish you will start to see some drastic changes and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment